Pixologic Introduces Sculptris!

Posted on August 6, 2010

Pixologic is pleased to announce a new addition to our family of software products –Sculptris – a unique, very ‘cool’ artistic modeling application still in its Alpha raw baby stage and now incubating at Pixologic HQ. (The current Win version, formerly known as Sculptris 1.02, will be renamed under the Pixologic banner as Sculptris Alpha 5).

Sculptris is the brainchild of the bright Swedish programmer Tomas Pettersson and has captured the hearts of artists with its fun, intuitive and user-friendly interface – indeed a perfectly sweet companion to our big monster ZBrush!

If you enjoy ZBrushing, we are sure you’ll appreciate this!

Try it out, play with it, have fun, make some great artwork and share your art with us in the newly opened Sculptris forum at ZBrushCentral.

Enjoy the journey!

The Pixologic team

To download Sculptris for Windows, please click here.

17 Responses to “Pixologic Introduces Sculptris!”

1. Very very cleaver purchase, Tomas Pettersson has made an ingenious and unique sculpting application that isn’t only great fun to use, but gives fantastic results.

2. Teo says:

This is great news! Well done Dr. Petter!

3. […] this article on Pixologic’s website states that they acquired Sculptris and it will be known as Sculptris Alpha 5. I can’t help […]

4. tip says:

Any chance of a MAC version any time soon?

5. Iwanttoknow says:

When will sculptris be available for Linux?

6. Adam says:

I’m also interested in Your software for Linux. When it will be available?

7. Hozerboy says:

In my opinion, I think that Sculptris Are BETTER Than ZBrush.
    PS: I Never Tried Zbrush

8. […] company has also purchased Sculptris, the hugely popular sculpting tool, and hired its creator as a staff programmer. This adds another innovative programmer to the ZBrush […]

9. John says:

I an interested in Sculptris for Mac, please let us know if you are porting this app for your Mac users.

10. […] The current edition of Sculptris, Alpha 5 can be downloaded for free on the Pixologic website. […]

11. […] función de probar el programa y reportar errores encontrados. La versión a probar es la Alpha 5 (descargar). Si eres un usuario interesado en ser beta tester oficial puedes encontrar más información en el […]

12. Echo says:

I heard there is an Alpha 6 coming in the near future, and rumor has it that it supports Mac OS X platform. I’m a Mac user, so this news is exciting, but for now i will continue to use BootCamp just to use Alpha 5.

I’ve been wrong before.

13. interestrial says:

Nice software, am i mistaking or it use GPU tesselation ??? Which could be a really great addition to Zbrush 😛 .

14. Mathius says:

I was wondering if any creations made in Sculptris can be copyrighted and entitled to me. Not the program, but the .OBJ file exports. If anybody knows, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

15. Jeff says:

I downloaded it and the sculpting mode works great.
    But it won’t let me paint. the model just stays white???