I started the model off with ZSpheres. Once I had the general shape figured out I exported to Max, cleaned the geometry and broke the model into various pieces. Most of the larger tubing, the jaw, and tail was done in a by creating low poly meshes in Max and importing to ZBrush for sculpting. I did most of the sculpting with the clay tubes, move, and flatten brushes, though I used snake hook and dam_standard for some of the detail.
I am an environmental artist at EA Bioware working on Star Wars: The Old Republic. ZBrush is an amazing tool, and it's an honor to show my work with so many fantastic artists!