ZBrush 4R7 was launched on 29 January 2015. And the response was incredible! With people around the world now taking their first steps with the latest release – the last within the ZBrush 4 series – we take a look at some of the highlights of ZBrush 4R7.
- ArrayMesh & NanoMesh – Allow for multiple instances of any object to be created and then adjusted in a matter of seconds!
- ZModeler with QMesh – Quickly and dynamically create new shapes more easily than ever before possible!
- 64-bit support – ZBrush can now tap all available computer memory and processing power for more details and faster operations!
- ZBridge – Seamlessly connect ZBrush with KeyShot 5 to produce hyper-realistic and high quality images!
- ZRemesher 2.0 – With a single click, you can automatically produce organic or hard surface topology without spirals!
- BPR improvements – Render Surface Noise as displacement – it’s like having a displacement map without needing to create the map!
- FBX Import/Export – Supports texture, normal and displacement maps, blendshapes, smoothing based on normals and much more!
- Plus! A tonne of workflow improvements and additions to make your life easier as an artist.
For more information about ZBrush 4R7, and to find out what the community thinks about this new release – head to the ZBrush Central forums.